Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Applied Microeconomics, Economics, Microeconomics
EDPE 4056: Applied Microeconomics Program in Economics and Education
Teachers College, Columbia University Prof. Francisco Rivera-Batiz
Problem Set 1
Please answer all of the following questions. Explain your answers clearly, showing how the results are obtained.
1. Assume that the market for wheat is perfectly competitive. Suppose the demand curve for wheat is given by:
QD = 200 – 2P
where QD is the quantity demanded, in bushels, and P is the price, in dollars per bushel. Suppose that the supply curve is given by:
QS = P – 10,
for values of P greater than or equal to 10, where QS is the quantity supplied, and QS = 0 when P < 0.
(1) Find the equilibrium price and quantity of wheat. Draw them in a clearly marked diagram.
(2) Suppose that unfavorable weather conditions shift the supply curve to the left, by 5 bushes of wheat at each price. Again find the equilibrium price and quantity, and draw the new equilibrium on the diagram you constructed for part (1).
(3) Going back to the demand and supply curves in part (1), assume now that a liberal government in the country decides the price of wheat is too expensive and decides to fix the price of wheat at P = 50 dollars per bushel. No one can sell or buy wheat except at this fixed price. What impact will this have on the market? How much wheat will be sold? How much will be demanded by consumers? Is this a good policy? Why?
Posted Date: 2/1/2012 2:16:27 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Applied Microeconomics, Economics, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Applied Microeconomics, Economics, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Applied Microeconomics, Economics Discussions
Write discussion on Applied Microeconomics, Economics
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Elasticity, total revenue
Demographic profile, DEMOGRAPHIC PROFILE: A demographic profile of Ind...
DEMOGRAPHIC PROFILE: A demographic profile of India can be prepared out of the data collected by the office of the Registrar General of India who is the responsible authority
Assignment, Differentiate between oscillation and damp cobweb model
Differentiate between oscillation and damp cobweb model
Welfare economics, what do you mean by social welfare function
what do you mean by social welfare function
Discuss the short-run cost-output relations, Micro Economics 1. Discuss...
Micro Economics 1. Discuss the short-run cost-output relations. 2. Write a short note on pure competition. 3. Describe excess profit criterion. 4. Discuss the vario
Consumer behaviour, discuss how economic theory of marginal utility explain...
discuss how economic theory of marginal utility explains the optimum pattern of consumption for an individual consumer
How many strategy combinations, Janet decides to play a game with her child...
Janet decides to play a game with her children, Jay and Jill (who are fraternal twins) and Mo. Each child is in their own room and cannot communicate with each other. Suppose Jill
Explain why each of the following factors may influence the, Explain why ea...
Explain why each of the following factors may influence the own price elasticity of demand for a commodity. (i) Consumer preferences, that is, whether consumers regard the commod
#title.demand curve, Plot the demand schedule and draw the demand curve for...
Plot the demand schedule and draw the demand curve for the data given for Marijuana in the case above.
Explain tragedy of commons-tax incidence-elasticity, 1. Explain- a. Trag...
1. Explain- a. Tragedy of commons b. Free rider problem c. Diminishing marginal utility d. Diseconomies of scale e. Tax incidence f. Elasticity g. Gains from
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.