FutureEd corp., a Bangladesh based catering company has decided to extend its catering business in the main divisional cities. They have come up with the decision to open up some road side restaurants in the main spots where the long route buses have several stoppage during its journey and require refreshment for its on board passengers. They also want to build up some fine dining restaurants in the main cities like Dhaka, Chittagong, Sylhet, Khulna, and Rajshahi and in Cox's Bazaar for the potential local tourists and local food connoisseurs.
This company has been in the catering business since its inception in 1990. By now they have kept their services limited to a few number of guests of adjoining Dhaka city area and only dealing with the corporate level clients' requirements with their food and beverage provisions. But now it wants to stretch its outside catering business throughout the country providing food to the root level of Industrial, Hospital, and Military customers. To resolve any future operational problem the board of directors requires a good knowledge about the F&B operations systems.
The company's General Manager has requested to prepare a report for its next general meeting with the board of directors where you are to appraise them with the current food and beverage systems.
In the report you will review and evaluate various F&B systems by investigating the design factors of menu, financial and staffing implications of F&B operations and finally analyzing the F&B systems in different types of its restaurants.
You are to identify and review different types of food and beverage production and service systems.
- In your report explain briefly the different production(traditional, centralized, sous-vide, cook-chill, and cook-freeze) and service methods(table service, counter service, a la carte, table d hote, silver, family, plate, gueridon ) its financial and staffing implications, appropriateness and drawbacks if any in different types of outlets or systems.
You have to investigate the factors which affect when menus are designed.
- While describing the menu designing factors in the report discuss suitable type of operations, its customer's perceptions about the food items etc. keeping in mind with the differing level of choice of food among the varied guest's demands.
- Device a menu which meets all their requirements from choice, flavor, and appearance to be good to be tasted and also which fulfills most importantly the nutritional requirements.
Evaluate the financial and staffing implications of F&B operations of a range of food and beverage systems
- In your case the staffing and financial implications of road side restaurants must be different from the outside catering and fine dining restaurant concepts. Discuss elaborately requirement of skill levels of staffing and the required job specifications for your current project.
- Explain the reason for de-skilling, staff training
Make an analytical judgment of your findings and its appropriateness and suitability in your current operations.
- Point out which production methods or service systems are proper and why.
Identify and apply strategies to find appropriate solutions
- For your on going project (restaurants) give a proposal for implementing the suitable and viable production and service system.
- Effective judgment and research should be applied to make the proposal.
Evaluate and justify critically coming to a valid conclusion for your report.