In line with the integrative approach of this unit you are asked to choose a topic which reflects the skills needed to be a successful International Manager. You are asked to combine intercultural theories with those of any unit you have undertaken within your course. Here are suggestions.
Suggested topics for the Briefing Paper
- Management in country X - how does it vary across cultures
- Problems in outsourcing - introducing new financial systems
- Problems in joint ventures - reconciling data analysis systems
- Negotiating styles - marketing a new product in country X
These are suggested topics only. If you have a topic you would like to pursue which is not listed, please consult with your tutor first.
You will prepare a briefing paper for your chosen client on one of these topics and use the format discussed in class ie. a case study format. Therefore, these are the headings required :
1. Executive Summary
2. Terms of Reference
- Who you are
- Who is your client
- What information does your client want - why has he/she/they consulted you
3. Overview of the situation:
What problems do you and your client envisage will need to be met.
4. Analysis of the situation:
Here you will use either a SWOT or a PEST/PESTAL or both - it's your choice. What suites you and your client best.
5. Solutions and recommendations
You might have to give several solutions. Sometimes obvious solutions create more problems. You may need to leave your client to make the decisions as to the best solutions from those you present to him/her/them
6. Forecasts and outcomes
7. Reference Section (and Bibliography if needed)
8. Glossary or Abbreviations (if needed)