Choose a share from a market such as LSE, NYSE, NASDAQ, etc. [Data sources could be Datastream, Google Finance or others]. Prepare a report which involves the following aspects: - I have selected WPP in FTSE100
a) Using appropriate econometric techniques analyse daily prices, returns and volatility of your chosen share.
b) As a result of your analysis using the first three-quarters of the sample, forecast the returns of your stock share for the forecasting horizon of the last quarter of the sample. Analyse the precision of your forecasts. Forecast your volatility risk as well, using the same sample.
c) Choose some other series (no more than 3) which could be cointegrated with the series of prices of your chosen stock share. Identify the cointegrated relationships by appropriate tests, and estimate their long run relationships.
NB Before you begin preparing your report ensure that you seek approval for the share you have chosen using the procedure outlined under Important Notes below.
1. You will be marked according to how well you conduct the econometric exercises, estimations, forecasts and your critical evaluation including a critical comparison of your results with those provided in the literature. The report will be marked out of 100.
2. Do not include computer printouts. Provide instead a table of relevant information.
What I have covered during the lectures are
1. Dummy variables
2. Limited Dependent variables
3. Large Sample Theory
4. IV and GMM
5. Univariate Time Series, ARIMA
6. Nonstationarity - Unit root tests
7. Cointegration, Engle-Granger
8. VAR Models
9. Cointegration in System
10. Volatility Models