Eatmore & Green Pty. Ltd (Australia) is a successful medium sized marketing consultancy for Australian agricultural products and Australian sourced organic, natural beauty/cosmetic/baby and spa products.
It represents many small to medium producers of Meat processors (principally beef and lamb and recently kangaroo) and Stone Fruit growers. It was started in 1990 by 2 partners - Tom Eatmore and Bill Green with strong agricultural product marketing experience in the Australian marketplace and a recently developed interest in organic natural "green beauty/cosmetic products, which are now handled by Bill's daughter Suzy Green - a graduate in International Business. At this stage the products they handle are largely marketed to the Australian market with a small export presence in Japan.
They are looking at expanding into new overseas markets that present opportunities, notably the "Emerging economies" of Asia, Latin America and Africa or some potential Eastern European markets.
Eatmore and Green believe that there are opportunities in organic meats/hormone free/free range etc along with organic Stone Fruits and Apples, and the new marketing mix products
Eatmore and Green market their ranges under the following labels.
- Sunny Valley Meats organic and non-organic
- Orchard Fresh Stone Fruits and Apples - organic and non-organic
- Bilgarra Rainforest natural beauty/spa products for adults
- Baby Gaa Gaa - range of natural massage and cleansing products.
The executives believe that trends and changes in global economies represent new opportunities for the company and their stakeholders/suppliers in overseas markets - principally the "so-called" Emerging Economies. They need to research these markets , identify potential target markets and understand consumer behavior with different cultural contexts and elements in most of these emerging markets.
You are roleplaying the executives from Eatmore & Green Pty.Ltd and you need to undertake the following analysis and review with an objective to exporting all or some of the product marketing mix the company is responsible for.
- Identify and then select possible overseas emerging markets* (compare 2 for final report) YOU MUST NOT CHOOSE YOUR OWN PERSONAL COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - LEARN ABOUT DIFFERENT MARKETS.
- Undertake competitor research in those selected markets
- Advise on positioning and targeting strategies
- Advise on marketing strategies - for the differentiated product marketing mixes
- Undertake market research about possible markets for the company's product ranges products .
- Investigate consumer needs in other countries, particularly looking at consumer profiles and the influence of culture on the marketing of food products and /or beauty products
- Assess other influences on consumer behaviour and the marketing of your selected product.
- Outline how influences on consumer behaviour and cultural considerations will be used to target effective marketing strategies
- Advise on legal and ethical issues which need to be considered as a part of developing marketing strategies for selected overseas markets