Advantages of Production Planning and Control
1. Higher productivity: The productivity can be improved by taking care of production methods and time.
2. Removal of Hurdles: Any possible hurdles coming in the way of smooth and continuous production can be eliminated well in time through production planning and control.
3. Better Quality: The efficient method of production planning and control helps in the improvement of quality of products.
4. Consumer Satisfaction: Better quality of production improves consumer satisfaction. This further enhances the goodwill of the organization.
5. Saving in Cost: The production planning and control use scientific methods to determine the quantity of batch to be produced and minimize the losses and wastages in increase in production.
6. Increase in Production : Production planning and control ensures minimum production times smooth and continuous production process which results ultimately in increase in production.
7. Optimum Utilization of Capabilities: Production planning and control involves systematic function of men and machines. Strict production standards are followed which make it possible to utilize the capabilities well.
8. Minimum Overtime: The work is done according to the schedule thus reducing the possibility of overtime.
9. Better Industrial relations: Employee - Employer relations improve with the efficient use of production planning and control. It helps in building the morale of employees.
10. Better Profitability: With all the above advantage the profitability of a concern will surely increase.