Advantages of Ordering procedure:
1) Agents frequently allow a certain percentage of discount over the subscription rates of some periodicals where publishers do not offer any discount to subscribers.
2) Agents get agency commission from most of the publishers which results in the saving of foreign exchange to the extent of 10% to 15%.
3) Payments are made in Indian currency. There is, therefore, no need to apply to banks for obtaining bank drafts for payment of subscriptions in foreign currencies.
4) Correspondence is restricted to one party, i.e., the agent concerned.
5) Expenditure on postage and correspondence work will be i: 'iced, if subscribed through an agent.
6) The agent will act on the subscriber's complaint about "non-receipts" and arrange for replacement or refund of a proportionate amount for missing issues.