Advantages of a Good Material Handling Systems:
The followings advantages are availed from an efficient material handling system.
1. A good material handling system minimizes the movement of materials moves them continuously and at maximum rate with is advantageous as under:
a. Shorter operating cycle
b. Reduction in handling cost.
2. It eliminates unproductive handling of materials like back tracking re handling etc.
3. It reduces idle machine capacity thus ensuring better turnover of investment.
4. It reduces the idle time of labor. Workers are required to keep pace with the production processes supported by a good handling system. Moreover they are freed the physical work of moving and positioning materials.
5. It eliminates the factory hazards and thus increases the safety of the operators.
6. The quality of the materials is maintained through minimum human touches elimination of breakages etc.
7. The factory area is used most effectively unproductive overhead and floor areas used most productively .
8. It avails of greater economy in store room and facilitates materials issues.
9. It helps in maintaining effective production control.
10. It helps in providing better customer services due to
a. Reduced operating cost.
b. Better quality of products and
c. Timely production