Adjusted r-squared, Advanced Statistics

R-squared is regarded as the coefficient of determination and is used to give the proportion of the fluctuation of the variance of one variable to another variable. R-squared also establishes the percentage of data that is near to goodness of fit. 

S = 0.0903972   R-Sq = 26.3%   R-Sq(adj) = 26.1%

In this case R-squared is 26.3%; this indicates that there is a variation in Y (Wfood) in relation to the linear relationship between the Y and X variables.  The remaining percentage (73.7%) is the variation which is unknown.

The adjusted R-squared figure of 26.1% is a more accurate measure of the goodness of fit and as it is lower than r-squared and it indicates that certain explanatory variables are missing therefore the fluctuation of the dependent variable is not fully measured.

Posted Date: 3/4/2013 5:03:59 AM | Location : United States







Related Discussions:- Adjusted r-squared, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Adjusted r-squared, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Adjusted r-squared Discussions

Write discussion on Adjusted r-squared
Your posts are moderated
Related Questions
Mortality odds ratio  is the ratio equivalent to the odds ratio used in case-control studies where the equivalent of the cases are deaths from the cause of interest and the equival

Compound symmetry : The property possessed by the variance-covariance matrix of the set of multivariate data when its chief diagonal elements are equal to each other, and in additi

Bubble plot : A method or technique for displaying the observations which involve three variable values. Two of the variables are used to make a scatter diagram and values of the t

Gllamm is a program which estimates the generalized linear latent and mixed models by the maximum likelihood. The models which can be fitted include structural equation models mul

Change point problems : Problems with chronologically ordered data collected over the period during which there is known to have been a change in the underlying data generation cou

The graphic representation of the alternatives in a decision making problem which summarizes all the possibilities foreseen by the decision maker. For instance, suppose we are give

Mixture experiment is an experiment in which the two or more ingredients are blended together to form an end product. The measurements are taken on the several blends of the ingre

Median is the value in a set of the ranked observations which divides the data into two parts of equal size. When there are an odd number of observations the median is middle v

This is given by common network e.g. Phone Company. The public networks are those networks, which are given by common carriers. It can be a telephone company or an other organizati

Treatment allocation ratio is the ratio of the number of subjects allocated to the two treatments in a clinical trial. The equal allocation is most usual in practice, but it might