Activities to Preparing Long-term Plans
1. Data collection regarding existing loads, forecast of expected loads, operating conditions, and etc. from Grid substation up to consumer level.
2. Mapping of existing system.
3. Analysis of existing system.
(Voltage regulation, T&D losses in existing system, Adequacy of backup system)
4. Load forecast.
5. Plan for upgrading the network.
6. Technology options involving integration of characteristics for modernization of system.
7. Evaluation of several alternatives for least cost optimal solution.
8. Firming up of scope of works.
9. Preparation of cost estimates.
10. Phasing of their cost and works.
11. Financial analysis.