Illustration of marked up by an additional amount, Financial Accounting

Assignment Help:

Illustration of marked up by an additional amount

E Limited sent goods to its branch in Thika invoiced at selling price, which was cost plus 505 of cost.  On 1st July 20X2, the opening stock in Thika was Shs 3 million at selling price. Goods at selling price of SHS 16.5 million were received by Thika in the year ended 30th June 20X3.

Branch Stock A/C

20X2

 

Shs 000

20X3

 

Shs 000

Jul 1

Balance b/f

3,000

Jun 30

Cashbook/debtors

16,800

20X3

 

 

 

 

 

June 30

Sundry a/c

16,500

 

 

 

Feb 28

Branch Markup a/c

1,600

Jun 30

Balance c/d

4,300

 

 

21,100

 

 

21,100

20X3

 

 

 

 

 

Jul 1

Balance b/d

4,300

 

 

 

 

Branch Mark Up A/C

20X3

 

Shs 000

20X2

 

Shs 000

Jun 30

Branch profit and loss a/c

6,400

July 1

Bal b/f

1,000

 

 

 

20X3

 

 

Jun 30

Bal c/d

1,700

Jun 30

Branch stock a/c

5,500

 

 

_____

Feb 28

Branch stock

1,600

 

 

8,100

 

 

8,100

 

 

 

20X3

 

 

 

 

 

July 1

Balance b/d

1,700

 

Workings

a.        

Sales

Selling price

Gross profit

Cost of sales

 

Sh ‘000’

Sh ‘000’

Sh ‘000’

Total sales

16,800

6,400

10,400

Marked up goods (75% X Shs 7.6m)

5,700

2,700

3,000

Normal sales

11,100

3,700

7,400

 

b.       

Closing stock

 

 

 

Total

4,300

1,700

2,600

Marked up goods

1,900

900

1,000

Normal sales

2,400

800

1,600


On 28th February 20X3, goods valued at selling price of Shs 6 million were marked-up by a further 40% of cost price. 75% of these goods were sold in the year ended 30th June 20X3. The remaining 25% were held in stock at 30th June 20X3.  Sales for the year ended 30th June 20X3 amounted to Shs 16.8 million. Write up the Branch Stock and the Branch Mark-up accounts.


It can be seen that if goods are sold at a price in excess of the normal selling price, an additional profit is earned.  Goods may be sold at a price in excess of the normal selling price without authority from the HO; if this occurs, the credit side of the branch stock account exceeds the debit side by the amount of the additional profits.


Related Discussions:- Illustration of marked up by an additional amount

Renfro rentals has issued bonds, a) The actual risk-free rate is 3%, and in...

a) The actual risk-free rate is 3%, and inflation is usual to be 2% for the next 2 years. A 2-year Treasury security yields 6.7%. What is the maturity risk premium for the 2-year s

Cst , how to account cst collected

how to account cst collected

Adjudication order-adjudication of debtor, Adjudication order The court...

Adjudication order The court may adjudge the debtor bankrupt on the application of the O.R. or any creditor in the following cases: If the creditors so resolve at their first

What is deferred taxation, Deferred taxation is caused by timing differenc...

Deferred taxation is caused by timing differences that arise when a transaction is recognized differently for accounting and tax purposes; for i.e, capital expenditure, that invol

Trail balance, how solve the problems of trail balance?

how solve the problems of trail balance?

Determine expected future cash flows, Q. Determine expected future cash flo...

Q. Determine expected future cash flows? A rights issue will be a smart source of finance to Tirwen plc as it will reduce the gearing of the company. The current debt/equity ra

Revaluations, Revaluations Partners rarely revalue their assets and any r...

Revaluations Partners rarely revalue their assets and any revaluations may be carried out when a new partner is being admitted or an old partner is retiring.   To facilitate th

Completely and incompletely constituted trusts, Completely and incompletely...

Completely and incompletely constituted trusts   In all cases the trust must be completely constituted.  A trust is completely constituted when the trust property has been vested

What is the net cash provided by investing activities, Zoum Corporation had...

Zoum Corporation had the following transactions during 2014: 1. Issued $125,000 of par value common stock for cash. 2. Recorded and paid wages expense of $60,000. 3. Acquired land

Write Your Message!

Captcha
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd