Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
acc, Basic Statistics
The trial balance of the Parton Wholesale Company contained the following accounts at December 31, 2010 the end of the company’s calendar year.
PARTON WHOLESALE COMPANY
Cash $ 34,400
Accounts Receivable 36,600
Merchandise Inventory (Beginning) 62,400
Accumulated Depreciation-Buildings $ 54,000
Accumulated Depreciation-Equipment 42,400
Notes Payable 50,000
Accounts Payable 37,500
Common Stock 200,000
Retained Earnings 67,800
Sales Discounts 4,600
Purchase Discounts 16,000
Salaries Expense 69,800
Utilities Expense 9,400
Repair Expense 5,900
Gas and Oil Expense 7,200
Insurance Expense 3,500
$ 1,353,800 $ 1,353,800
1. Depreciation is $10,000 on buildings and $9,000 on equipment. (Both are administrative expenses.)
2. Interest of $7,000 is unpaid on notes payable at December 31.
1. Merchandise inventory on hand at December 31, 2010 is $90,000.
2. Salaries are 80% selling and 20% administrative.
3. Utilities expense, repair expense, and insurance expense are 100% administrative.
4. $15,000 of the notes payable are payable next year.
5. Gas and oil expense is a selling expense.
6. The beginning balance of accounts receivable is $34,750.
7. The amount of total assets at the beginning of the year is $469,225.
1) Journalize the adjusting entries.
2) Prepare a multiple-step income statement and a retained earnings statement for the year ended, as well as a classified balance sheet as of December 31, 2010.
3) Prepare the following ratios and show all support for your computations:
a) Current Ratio
b) Quick Ratio
c) Working Capital
d) Accounts Receivable Turnover
e) Average Collection Period
f) Inventory Turnover
g) Days in Inventory
h) Debt to Total Assets Ratio
i) Gross Profit Ratio
j) Profit Margin Ratio
k) Return on Assets Ratio
l) Asset Turnover Ratio
4) Based on the ratios computed in 3) above, answer the following questions and use the financial statement ratios to support your answers where appropriate:
• Do you feel that the company is able to meet its current and long term obligations as they become due?
• Comment on the profitability of the company with respect to the various profitability ratios that you computed.
• Would you lend money to this company for the long term?
• Comment on the ability of the company to collect its receivables and mange inventory.
2007 2008 2009 Industry Average
Current 2.39 2.68 2.90 3.12
Quick 1.10 1.16 1.21 1.56
Working Capital $ 98,750.00 $ 100,450.00 $ 103,000.00 $ 110,000.00
Debt to Total Assets (%) 20.97% 21.98% 22.89% 20.89%
Times Interest Earned 8.75 9.12 9.56 10.22
Inventory Turnover (sales) 8.21 9.91 10.12 10.52
Fixed Asset Turnover 3.43 3.51 3.59 3.64
Total Asset Turnover 2.15 2.20 2.25 2.56
Average Collection Period (days) 14.95 14.69 14.42 14.28
Accounts Receivable Turnover 24.08 24.50 24.97 25.21
Days in Inventory 44.46 36.83 36.07 43.21
Gross Profit Margin (%) 21.10% 22.50% 24.03% 24.56%
Net Profit (%) 6.89% 7.25% 7.89% 8.03%
Return on Total Assets (%) 15.50% 16.10% 16.24% 16.07%
Return on Equity (%) 20.15% 21.89% 22.15% 22.06%
Payout Ratio (%) 15.10% 15.84% 16.09% 16.86%
Posted Date: 4/26/2012 4:12:05 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
acc, Assignment Help, Ask Question on acc, Get Answer, Expert's Help, acc Discussions
Write discussion on acc
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Frequency distribution, hey goo day, i wanna know the definition of frequen...
hey goo day, i wanna know the definition of frequency distribution and how to conduct it like in examples?
Types of assets, explain different types of assets..
explain different types of assets..
Employee portion of medicare tax, Employee portion of Medicare tax Medi...
Employee portion of Medicare tax Medical health insurance tax is also taken out from a worker's wage or income and is equaled by participation from the company. In other terms,
Exercises problem solving, a manufacturer claims that 60% of beer drinkers ...
a manufacturer claims that 60% of beer drinkers perfer his beer. A query with 30 beer drinkers selected at random showed that 16 of them prefer this brand.(a.)Does the evidence sup
Combination and permuations, Alarm units are to be connected at four fixed ...
Alarm units are to be connected at four fixed positions along a pipeline. In how many ways can the four available alarm unites be connected to the four positions along the line?
Interpret predictability and behaviou, Shafts are cut to length by two mach...
Shafts are cut to length by two machines, A and B. Each machine cuts 50 percent of all shafts in approximately the same amount of time. Machine A's shafts are all good, but Machine
Describing univeriate data, X 420 610 625 500 400 550 650 480 565 Y 2.80 3...
X 420 610 625 500 400 550 650 480 565 Y 2.80 3.60 3.75 3.00 2.50 2.70 3.50 3.90 2.0 2.95 3.30 Calculate te covarience anf the correlatio coeficient. Comment on the relationship be
Homework, I will need to upload the question sheets.
I will need to upload the question sheets.
Generate samples for each distribution, Generate 1000 samples for each of t...
Generate 1000 samples for each of the following continuous random variables: (a). Exponential distribution with λ = 1.2 and λ = 2.1 (b). Normal distribution with μ = 3.1, σ
Operation research, A paper mill produces two grades of paper viz., X and Y...
A paper mill produces two grades of paper viz., X and Y. Because of raw material restrictions, it cannot produce more than 400 tons of grade X paper and 300 tons of grade Y paper i
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.