Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
acc, Basic Statistics
The trial balance of the Parton Wholesale Company contained the following accounts at December 31, 2010 the end of the company’s calendar year.
PARTON WHOLESALE COMPANY
Cash $ 34,400
Accounts Receivable 36,600
Merchandise Inventory (Beginning) 62,400
Accumulated Depreciation-Buildings $ 54,000
Accumulated Depreciation-Equipment 42,400
Notes Payable 50,000
Accounts Payable 37,500
Common Stock 200,000
Retained Earnings 67,800
Sales Discounts 4,600
Purchase Discounts 16,000
Salaries Expense 69,800
Utilities Expense 9,400
Repair Expense 5,900
Gas and Oil Expense 7,200
Insurance Expense 3,500
$ 1,353,800 $ 1,353,800
1. Depreciation is $10,000 on buildings and $9,000 on equipment. (Both are administrative expenses.)
2. Interest of $7,000 is unpaid on notes payable at December 31.
1. Merchandise inventory on hand at December 31, 2010 is $90,000.
2. Salaries are 80% selling and 20% administrative.
3. Utilities expense, repair expense, and insurance expense are 100% administrative.
4. $15,000 of the notes payable are payable next year.
5. Gas and oil expense is a selling expense.
6. The beginning balance of accounts receivable is $34,750.
7. The amount of total assets at the beginning of the year is $469,225.
1) Journalize the adjusting entries.
2) Prepare a multiple-step income statement and a retained earnings statement for the year ended, as well as a classified balance sheet as of December 31, 2010.
3) Prepare the following ratios and show all support for your computations:
a) Current Ratio
b) Quick Ratio
c) Working Capital
d) Accounts Receivable Turnover
e) Average Collection Period
f) Inventory Turnover
g) Days in Inventory
h) Debt to Total Assets Ratio
i) Gross Profit Ratio
j) Profit Margin Ratio
k) Return on Assets Ratio
l) Asset Turnover Ratio
4) Based on the ratios computed in 3) above, answer the following questions and use the financial statement ratios to support your answers where appropriate:
• Do you feel that the company is able to meet its current and long term obligations as they become due?
• Comment on the profitability of the company with respect to the various profitability ratios that you computed.
• Would you lend money to this company for the long term?
• Comment on the ability of the company to collect its receivables and mange inventory.
2007 2008 2009 Industry Average
Current 2.39 2.68 2.90 3.12
Quick 1.10 1.16 1.21 1.56
Working Capital $ 98,750.00 $ 100,450.00 $ 103,000.00 $ 110,000.00
Debt to Total Assets (%) 20.97% 21.98% 22.89% 20.89%
Times Interest Earned 8.75 9.12 9.56 10.22
Inventory Turnover (sales) 8.21 9.91 10.12 10.52
Fixed Asset Turnover 3.43 3.51 3.59 3.64
Total Asset Turnover 2.15 2.20 2.25 2.56
Average Collection Period (days) 14.95 14.69 14.42 14.28
Accounts Receivable Turnover 24.08 24.50 24.97 25.21
Days in Inventory 44.46 36.83 36.07 43.21
Gross Profit Margin (%) 21.10% 22.50% 24.03% 24.56%
Net Profit (%) 6.89% 7.25% 7.89% 8.03%
Return on Total Assets (%) 15.50% 16.10% 16.24% 16.07%
Return on Equity (%) 20.15% 21.89% 22.15% 22.06%
Payout Ratio (%) 15.10% 15.84% 16.09% 16.86%
Posted Date: 4/26/2012 4:12:05 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
acc, Assignment Help, Ask Question on acc, Get Answer, Expert's Help, acc Discussions
Write discussion on acc
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
#title.regression., regression line drawn as y=c+1075x,when x was 2,and y w...
regression line drawn as y=c+1075x,when x was 2,and y was 239,given that y intercept was 11.calculate the residual
Variation Coefficient, Variation Coefficient The standard deviation discus...
Variation Coefficient The standard deviation discussed above is an absolute measure of dispersion. The corresponding relative measure is known as the coefficient of variation. Thi
Spectral Hydrogen Atom, Long before Bohr gave his theory of hydrogen atom, ...
Long before Bohr gave his theory of hydrogen atom, various scientists had observed experimentally, the spectral series of hydrogen atom. Bohr offered a theoretical explanation of t
Hom, (A) Find the binomial probability P(x = 5), where n = 15 and p = 0.50....
(A) Find the binomial probability P(x = 5), where n = 15 and p = 0.50. (B) Set up, without solving, the binomial probability P(x is at most 5) using probability notation. (C) H
Job costing order, Diketahui: Biaya Bahan Baku 15.500 Biaya Tenaga Kerja La...
Diketahui: Biaya Bahan Baku 15.500 Biaya Tenaga Kerja Langsung:14.750 Biaya Overhead pabrik 11.800 Barang Jadi 37500 Bahan baku yang deibebankan ke satu pesanan yang masih dalam
Estimate stand-up time using the rmr system, SCENARIO It is proposed to...
SCENARIO It is proposed to construct a 3m diameter, 50m long tunnel, heading 0950, through the andesite lava flow at Maori Bay (Muriwai). As part of the preliminary investigati
Standard costing, Standard costing In contemporary price sales, the idea...
Standard costing In contemporary price sales, the idea of documenting traditional expenditures was taken further, by assigning the organization''s set expenditures over a given
Fluid mechanics, Find the kinematic and dynamic viscosities of air at a tem...
Find the kinematic and dynamic viscosities of air at a temperature of 189°F and a pressure of 29 psia using Sutherland''s equation and the ideal gas law .
Bunco toss, The game of "Bunco" is played with three standard dice. "Bunco"...
The game of "Bunco" is played with three standard dice. "Bunco" occurs when all three dice show the same number of spots. What is the probability of tossing a "Bunco" on the first
Calculate the weighted average cost of capital, The Foschini Group has just...
The Foschini Group has just issued a batch of preference shares that will pay a constant dividend of R8, beginning 6 years from now. If the required rate of return is 8%, what does
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.