Reference no: EM131210606 , Length: word count:1000
Essential Academic Writing Skills Assignment-
- Cite sources in writing using the proper citation and referencing style.
- Evaluate information critically from various sources to respond to a task.
- Synthesise information from various sources in writing in response to a given task.
- Develop a rhetorical structure of an essay.
- Apply persuasive argumentative writing strategies in response to a given task.
On Friday, 5th of June 2015, a 5.9 magnitude earthquake hit Sabah, East Malaysia. Twenty-nine students and eight teachers of Tanjong Katong Primary School were on a school trip to Kota Kinabalu when the earthquake struck. Some sustained injuries while several perished on this school trip. Tanjong Katong Primary School, Fuchun Secondary School and Greenridge Secondary School were in Mount Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia on overseas learning journeys. Students and teachers from Fuchun Secondary School and Greenridge Secondary School were all accounted for and had returned safely to Singapore.
There has been much debate in the media with regard to such Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE)-approved overseas learning journeys. The two articles provided reflect the debate regarding this issue.
Should the Singapore MOE continue or stop conducting such an overseas learning journey programme?
In about 1000 words, write a persuasive argumentative essay defending your position in order to argue for your particular stance on this issue. Other than providing supporting arguments for the position you take on this issue, you MUST anticipate objections and provide counterarguments to write the paper. Relevant information for you to gather would be:
- MOE overseas learning journeys
- Issues (moral, ethical, social and etc.) surrounding such an overseas learning journey
- Arguments for continuing such an overseas learning journey programme.
- Arguments against continuing such an overseas learning journey programme.
Article 1: COMMENT: After Sabah quake, should parents allow kids to go on school expeditions?
Article 2: Sabah quake: Father of dead Singaporean girl never wanted her to go on the trip.
Attachment:- Writing Skills Assignment.rar