Reference no: EM132184098
Question: Write a research argument essay in 750 words. It should be written in MLA format and have a works cited page. You need 5 sources for your paper. Sources should be peer-reviewed if you are using articles. You may use Silent Spring as a source in which case you would need only 4 other sources.
Please include the following for your work on your Research Argument Paper:
1. Your issue of controversy: Should more people go to college?
2. Debate or guiding question: If you think about it, almost all essays involve a question behind the argument. Your thesis/claim/argument is the short answer to the question. The body of your paper explains the reasons for your short answer and provides further support for both your answer and your reasons. Also, although the book phrases the question as a debate question in order to make sure you answer in the form of a persuasive argument, the word "debate" implies an either/or situation. I would like you to remember that most questions and issues have more than two answers and/or perspectives.)
3. Include a paragraph that explores and explains why this question(not the issue-your question-issues can have different questions depending on who is looking at the issue.) is important/significant to you.
4. Include a paragraph that explores and explains why others might find this question to be important/significant.
5. Mention in a paragraph how your question relates to the book, Silent Spring.
Minimum required outside sources: 5 (Three must be peer-reviewed.)
As with all works cited pages you must list your sources in alphabetical order. List each source in MLA format and write a short annotation in the following format:
Publication's viewpoint (professional medical journal, conservative news paper, feminist magazine, etc.)
Author's viewpoint and credibility (What is the author's profession? Is this person considered an expert in the field he or she is writing about?)
The article's main message (conclusion/thesis/claim) (What is the main message of this piece? )
List any faulty reasoning, lack of credibility, or piece of the argument you disagree with (Is there anything in the article with which you disagree? If so, what is your disagreement with the piece? Are the sources the author used credible? Are there any logical fallacies or other faults in reasoning or logic?
Write how the article will be or not be useful to you in your paper.