Reference no: EM13848048 , Length:
The report should compares and contrast COS australia's strategy as a new product in ausralian market. comparisions, tables, strengths and weekness
You are required to undertake this assessment as an individual. Each student will work on the new consumer product 'COS Australia' that is suitable for review of the effectiveness of its product launch and commercialisation.
You need to identify a close competitor to the new product. Your review needs to be undertaken from the perspective of COS Australia and its competitive positioning.
In conducting the review, you may examine the product in both the on and off-line environment. It is expected that you will undertake both primary research (which will involve observations of retailing of the product and of consumer consumption behavior, discussion on social media), and secondary research to identify any reviews of the products, or post products in the category.
For this assignment, you will be required to write a new product report on a real life company. You will be required prepare it for COS Australia (htto://www.cosstores.com) and compare it with its competitors. COS is a fashion brand for women and men who want modern, functional, considered design. When writing the report you will be required to access, analyse and recommend taking decisive decisions in complex situation drawn from this real life setting, taking into consideration the sustainable, social and ethical concepts of a firm.
COS is a brand under the H & M Group. Registered office:
H&M Hennes & Mauritz GBC AB
Master Samuelsgatan 48
106 38 Stockholm
You will be briefed further on the assessment during the class sessions.
Aim: The objective of this assignment is:
• To enable you to understand marketing strategy and the elements of marketing analysis, customer analysis, company analysis and competitor analysis.
• To assist you with evaluating the elements of the marketing mix (product, pricing, promotion, and distribution strategies)
• To enhance your problem solving techniques and decision making skills by learning how to leverage strategic marketing analysis
• To inform tactical marketing mix decisions while allowing you to consider a comprehensive framework to evaluate marketing decisions and to create successful planning initiatives.
• To expand your knowledge in the area of marketing strategy while increasing your awareness of the different strategic and tactical alternatives that are available
• To be able to identity and act on sustainable, social and ethical concepts required in planning.
A major and very important requirement is that you strongly link marketing theories and concepts to the issues identified in the organisation. Theory provides the framework from which to look at and understand the assignment question and to provide a perspective for examining the research data. The text and lectures provides the basic theory about marketing and the terms used such as an explanation of the marketing environment.
Students should aim to start thinking about the marketing theory they have been learning and to begin using that marketing perspective to better understand specific Consumer Products organisations that are operating in the marketplace.