Reference no: EM131435387
Do anybody has experience in Sociology of Developing Countries?
Answer these six questions as comprehensively as possible. Your answers can come from your readings or the Internet, but be sure to cite all of your sources.
1. By the year 2050, there will be 8.5 billion people in the world, of whom 5.5 billion will be living in urban areas. The articles you read in week 5 said that a 'revolution in thinking' must occur to alleviate this crisis, but what form must this revolution take?
2. From our Webtext and readings, democracy and development do not have to be mutually exclusive. What does this mean?
3. Who is most responsible for the failure of foreign aid working and how are they failing?
4. What are some of the most significant problems that developing states face on their road to development?
5. What are some of the things that governments in developing states can do to improve access to secondary educational opportunities for children?
6. Africa has severe infrastructural problems but also the potential for good growth in the coming decades. Discuss both of these issues.