Reference no: EM132234127
1. For retailers, promotion refers to:
- the image a store attempts to maintain through their pricing strategy.
- both their in-store environment and their mass media communications.
- supply chain communication.
- the relationship between price and product.
2. Which of the statements concerning corporate chains is WRONG:
- Corporate chains allow individual stores to have the maximum independence in terms of merchandise and performance policies.
- Corporate chains are able to negotiate with suppliers for special services or volume discounts.
- Corporate chains are multiple outlets under common ownership.
- Corporate chains usually use centralized decision making.
3. Regarding the major types of retailers:
- Department stores are facing increased competition from several other types of retailers.
- Catalog showrooms are among the most profitable forms of retailing because they have the lowest available prices.
- Discounters have continued to maintain images quite distinct from department stores.
- Off-price retailing matured in the early 1950s and its growth has been quite stable since.
4. Which is wrong regarding various types of retailing:
- Chain stores, though they centralize many functions, allow local units to meet unique demand patterns.
- Consumers usually pay more for goods via automatic vending as compared with other retail forms.
- Direct selling is a relatively new retailing form in the U.S., dating back to the 1940s.
- Retailer cooperatives provide economies of scale in purchasing because of their volume buying.
5. One of the disadvantages of intensive distribution is that it:
- is difficult to maintain control over a large number of retailers.
- is relevant only for durable products.
- is relevant only in the case of high-priced, high-margin products.
- often runs into legal difficulties.