>> Management Information Sys
1. How might cultural, political, or geo-economics challenges affect a global company's use of the Internet? Give several examples.
2. Will the increasing use of the Internet by firms with global business operations change their move toward a transnational business strategy? Explain.
3. What has been the impact of information technologies on the work relationships, activities, and resources of managers?
4. What can business unit managers do about performance problems in the use of information technology and the development and operation of information systems in their business units?
3. Overseas Assignments Incompatible Electricity?
Traveling outside one's country poses special challenges for business travelers who need to re- main connected, especially those working out of their hotel rooms. Electricity varies by voltage, cycles, and electrical plug shape. Likewise, telephone jacks may vary from country to country, and American cell phones work pretty much only in America. If you find yourself on an overseas assignment, how will you keep your laptop computer charged? How will you access the Internet? Can you free yourself from expensive hotel telephone surcharges? Pick a country to "visit" (your professor may assign one instead), and report on specific solutions to each question. Be sure to include the manufacturer and model number of any hardware you may require. Cite all your sources.
a. What do you need to bring with you to keep your laptop computer charged?
b. What do you need to bring with you to connect your laptop's modem to the local telephone network?
c. What will you use in place of your handy cell phone?
d. Use a collaboration-enabled system such as Blackboard, Dreamweaver, or MS Expression Web to merge, organize, and publish your results with the rest of your class to create an online resource.
Preview Container content
a. Use of the internet is important for global companies to make their products and services reach to the customers. Though the time and distance related constraints are minimized with the help of internet usage, but there exists certain norms that govern the information technology related activities.
In particular, the organization needs to develop strategies and regulations for the management of E-business portfolios, database system, and internet development projects. Politics includes norms, rules, regulation, tax, and prohibition for transfer of data, communication and software contents. Likewise, geoeconomic issues deal with distance restraints and cost associated with information processing and transfers. A simple ideology in this regard can be collected from use of telephones and telecommunication. In addition, it also has impact with respect to local time zone, across the globe that affects related activities over internet. Similarly culture includes difference with respect to language, customs, religion, and social attitudes (Lin, 2013).