Reference no: EM131006006
Assume you are the project manager called in to implement an EMR system for a large group practice (75 physicians). The physicians are asking for an evaluation of the system and its possible impact on quality, costs, and patient satisfaction.
In addition to the physicians are aware that the Regional Health Information Organization (RHIO) in your region wants to access patient identifiable data from their organizations (and their patients) to monitor the incidence and management of patients diagnosed with autoimmune disease, for example, Lupus. The RHIO also intends to monitor participating providers to rank them for the provision of preventive services to their patients diagnosed with Lupus. The physicians would like you to review and answer the following questions:
1. What is the best mode for the provider organizations to transfer the information to the RHIOs?
2. What type of data/patient information should be provided to the RHIO?
3. Are there any HIPAA issues that must be addressed during the transfer?
Devise a 5-6 page plan for evaluating the EMR system's impact on the organization in these three areas:
• Patient Satisfaction
For additional information refer to the link below which includes an example of an EMR checklist.
In addition to discussing EMR be sure to address the following questions regarding the RHIO.
• In your opinion, what is the best mode for the provider organizations to transfer the information to the RHIOs?
• What type of data/patient information should be provided to the RHIO?
• Are there any HIPAA issues that must be addressed during the transfer? Explain youranswer.