>> Business Law and Ethics
Examine the 2 fictional offenders listed below. When you have finished familiarizing yourself with their correctional experiences and criminal history, answer the questions outlined in the assignment guidelines.
• Offender 1: This offender has a criminal background that consists of violent incidents, such as armed robbery with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault, and sexual assaults. This offender has been incarcerated several times and is familiar with the prison system.
• Offender 2: This offender has a criminal background that consists of petty thefts, robbery, and burglary. This offender has been to jail several times but has never been incarcerated in prison.
• Address the following in 3-5 paragraphs:
o Which diagnostic instrument, OASys or LSI-R, should be used for each of the offenders above?
- Why do you feel that the tests you have selected for each offender would be ideal? Explain.
o Do you feel that there should be other tests for offenders besides the OASys and the LSI-R? Why or why not?
o Can either of these 2 offenders be rehabilitated? Why or why not?
- Can any offender be rehabilitated? Why or why not?
Mr. Andrews is a 36-year-old man who has been a life-long career criminal. He has suffered ridicule and has expressed episodes of depression. Currently, he is located at a maximum security prison and has requested that he be reevaluated to go to a medium-security prison for the remainder of his sentence. At the current location, Mr. Andrews has received numerous prison violation tickets for disorderly conduct, assault on an inmate, and not following the instructions of a corrections officer during work detail.
During his intake, it was noted that Mr. Andrews's behavior toward authority was aggressive, and his responses to questions were vague. As you look at this reevaluation, it will be very important to use the correct assessment. Both OASys and LSI-R have components that address his socialization, but there has been no treatment plan initiated that addressed his issues.
• Using the information from the above scenario, each individual group member should address the following in 500-700 words:
o Indicate which assessment or diagnostic technique (OASys or LSI-R) you would use.
- Why do you feel that this diagnostic technique is the most appropriate in the case of Mr. Andrews?
- Do you feel that the diagnostic technique that you did notselect would be inadequate considering the circumstances above? Why?
o What is the risk level (low, medium, or high) of Mr. Andrews?
- Do you feel that a medium-security facility is the ideal option for the incarceration of Mr. Andrews? Why or why not?
- Use examples from the scenario to support your argument.
• When you have finished, compile your responses to the above questions into a Word document titled YourLastName_U4GP.
• Add your file to the small group discussion area.
Please add your file.
• As a group, review each other member's uploaded Word documents containing their individual portions.
o Discuss which ways a risk/needs approach would be used to treat Mr. Andrews.
o Explain in detail which counseling techniques will be necessary and why.
o Explain how exactly the counseling techniques should be implemented and what barriers, if any, will have to be overcome.
• Decide which group member(s) will organize the group's discussion content and compile the group portion responses into a final group Word document that is 400-500 words in length.
• Be sure to reference any sources using APA style.
Note to tutor: I have highlighted the topic I prefer above for the group submittal of this project.
You are setting up a new drug program for inmates at the local jail. Age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, economic status, and mental health disability of each inmate is taken into consideration when treating drug use and drug addiction. While designing the new program, you begin to ask yourself how your own life experiences can be used to help the inmates.
• Consider your own experiences or the experiences of those close to you when answering the following questions.
• In 5-7 paragraphs, address the following:
o How do you think age impacts decisions to use drugs? Explain.
- What role do you think age plays in drug addiction? Explain.
o Do you think women or men, if one more than the other, are more prone to drug use and drug addiction? Why?
o In your opinion, how do you think race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation play a role in drug use? Explain.
o What types of issues might exist with regard to economic status and drug use?
- What about drug addiction?