Reference no: EM13849423
"Sister Flowers" p. 85 (Narration/Description)
1. What is the main point of the story?
2. Name five specific details that are used for description.
3. What purpose does Maya Angelou's story have for readers?
4. If you had to cast the movie version of this story, who would play the characters of Marguerite, Mrs. Flowers, and Mrs. Henderson?
5. How does Mrs. Flowers challenge Marguerite to start talking and get back into life after her rape?
6. Mrs. Flowers has "remained throughout my life the measure of what a human being can be." What does Marguerite admire so much about her?
7. Why is Marguerite ashamed of Mrs. Henderson and how does Mrs. Flowers respond to it?
8. What are some of the lessons in living that Mrs. Flowers gives Marguerite?
9. Vocabulary Words: Taut, voile, benign, unceremonious, gait, moors, incessantly, scones, crumpets, heath, chifforobe, sacrilegious, infuse, couched, and aura.