Reference no: EM131434252
Assignment: Information Systems for Managers
Read the case study "Summit Electric Lights Up With a New ERP System".
• The Case Study Review should include (2 to 3 pages)
o This does not include title pages or reference pages
o This is at least 2.5 written pages (page 3 must be at least ½ of a page)
• Summary of the case
o This should be thorough enough (but not plagiarized (meaning in your own words)) to give a reader who has not read the case a very good idea of what is going on
o Somewhere in the summary should be an explanation of what big data is
• Answer to the questions at the end of the case which are based on the case, textbook readings or outside sources (these are not your opinion but you can include comments)
o Enterprise Systems (Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems) are discussed in Chapter 7 on pages 259-276
o Since there are over 17 pages in our text book on this type of system you should be able to find a lot of information to back up your answers to the questions and provide in-text citation.
• Conclusion which is your thoughts on the case and its contents
• In completing the case I want at least 3 in-text citations referencing the text book material or an outside source backing up your comments/answers
Present the paper in Microsoft Office Word document format. Name the file LastName_Case_Study_3.doc and submit it to the Online Venue (Moodle) by the beginning of Friday class of Week 10.
Case Study Questions
1. Which businesses processes are the most important at Summit Electric Supply? Why?
2. What problems did Summit have with its old sys-tems? What was the business impact of those prob-lems?
3. How did Summit's ERP system improve operational efficiency and decision making? Give several examples.
4. Describe two ways in which Summit's customers benefit from the new ERP system
5. Diagram Summit's old and new process for handling chargebacks.
• All written assignments and responses should follow either MLA/APA rules
o Title page (in MLA the title is usually on the first page but, the instructor can request a title page and this is what I am asking for so that there is at least 2.5 full pages of content)
o No paragraph spacing
o Double spaced
o 1" margins (top, bottom, left and right)
o 12pt font size
o Times New Roman
o References and in-text citations follows either the APA or MLA rules
o Can follow link for the Purdue Owl site for information on MLA/APA: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/2/