Reference no: EM131394206
Part A - Summarize the Strategy document. Limit between two to three pages.
Strategy document - British Satellite Broadcasting versus Sky Television
Part B - Read the HBS case BSB vs Sky Television. Consider the following questions.
1. Assess the attractiveness of the UK Satellite TV market. It may be helpful to use your industry analysis tools from earlier in the course but do not try and do a complete five forces analysis. Along the way, be certain to provide a careful assessment what advantage, if any, there is to being the first to offer satellite television to the British market.
2. How might BSB have been able to identify News Corp as a potential competitor prior to Murdoch's announcement of the launch of Sky TV?
3. What might BSB have done differently before Sky's announcement?
4. What influences how much money BSB will get in a possible sale of its assets to Sky?
5. Why did this battle turn out to be so costly for both sides?
Assignment Files - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfop9xbrvn2kqum/Assignment.zip?dl=0