A thin lens has a focal length of 10 cm. An object is located 15 cm to the left of the lens. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
1. Draw the ray diagram for this set-up.
2. Where is the image located?
3. Is the image real or virtual?
4. What is the magnification of the image?
5. If now a second lens of focal length 20 cm is placed 20 cm to the right of the first lens, find the distance of the new image from the first lens?
6. What is the total magnification of the lens system?
7. Is the final image upright or inverted?