Reference no: EM13187999
1. What is the role of the project manager? Why is leadership so important for project managers?
2. Discuss the importance of top management commitment and the develppment of standards for successful project management.
3. Do you think organizations should develop their own information technology project management methodologies? Why? Why can't they just follow a book or already developed methodology?
4. Explain the importance of creating a project charter to formally initiate projects.
5. Explain the importance of scope verification and how it relates to scope definition and control.
6. How can you minimize or control changes to project schedules?
7. Discuss why many information technology professionals may overlook project cost managment and how this might affect completing projects within budget.
8. Discuss the importance of quality assurance.
9. Discuss different tools and techniques project managers can use to help them manage project teams. What can they do to manage virtual team members?
10. Why is it important to have good communications on projects? Explain this in terms of communications with stakeholders and communications with team members.
11. Why is Risk Management important? Discuss
12. Discuss the importance of good contract administration.