Reference no: EM131041926
Read the Chapter 6 Management in Action case study "Putting AutoZone into Drive" on p. 185-186.(See Attach)
Then analyze and answer each of the questions in the case study. It is not necessary for you to type the question itself, but you should number your answers to correspond to the question you are answering. Your assignment should be 3-4 pages long (excluding cover page, attachments, etc.), double-spaced, using 12-point font and 1-inch margins.
Keep in mind that, while there are no "absolutely correct" answers for these questions, this is not an opportunity for opinion alone. Grading will reflect your reasoning and critical thinking skills, your ability to integrate what you have assimilated from material presented in the textbook and other learning materials, the clarity of your response and its appearance.
If your paper integrates information from published sources and/or you build on the work of others, you must be careful not to plagiarize. You can find information about plagiarism at the Plagiarism.org website; a link to this website has been provided under the "Resources" tab in the main menu of the course.
1. Using no more than two sentences, describe Auto-Zone's strategy.
2. Based on Michael Porter's discussion of the characteristics of an effective strategy, does AutoZone have a good strategy for growth? Explain.
3. To what extent is AutoZone following the five steps of the strategic-management process?
4. Conduct an environmental scan or SWOT analysis of AutoZone's current reality and recommend whether the company's current strategy is poised to succeed.
4. Which of Michael Porter's four competitive strategies is AutoZone trying to follow? Discuss.
5. What is the greatest takeaway from this case in terms of strategic management?