What is the expected net income for your firm next year

Assignment Help Financial Management
Reference no: EM13722943

1. The forecast for your firm indicates there's a 20% chance that Net Income will be $200,000, a 50% chance it will be $300,000, and a 30% chance it will be $400,000.

a. Given these conditions, what is the expected Net Income for your firm next year?

b. Given these conditions and your answer to part a, what is the standard deviation of the Net Income estimate?

c. Given your answers to parts a & b, what is the coefficient of variation (CV) of the net income estimate?

2. Assume your firm is zero-growth and pays all its net income in dividends each year Also assume your firm can borrow money when it needs to at an interest rate of 6%. Currently your firm’s cost of equity (Rs) is 10%, but if any money is borrowed that cost will rise to 11%. Sales this year are expected to be $500,000 and operating costs are expected to be $400,000. Your firm’s effective tax rate is 40%. Given these conditions, what is the current value of your firm? What will be the new value of your firm if it takes on $250,000 in debt?

Reference no: EM13722943

Risk of the instrument with the higher interest rate

Do US Treasury bills have lower interest rates than large-denomination negotiable bank CD? Why or why not, is the difference appropriate, and do you think that it correctly re

What is the value of your annuity today

Suppose you just bought a 20-year annuity of $7,500 per year at the current interest rate of 10 percent per year. What is the value of your annuity today? What happens to the

What is the current value of the annuity

A 5-year annuity of ten $8,000 semi-annual payments will begin 9 years from now, with the first payment coming 9.5 years from now. If the discount rate is 8 percent compounded

Determine the present value of the cash flow stream

Consider a lottery that pays to the winner an annuity of $950 that begins at the end of the first year and continues at the end of each consecutive year for a total of 9 years

Current retirement money is invested to earn interest rate

David's is saving for his retirement and as of today has accumulated the lump sum of $7348. David's goal is to retire at some time in the future (the unknown) with 9 times thi

What will be the future value of johns bank account

John has some extra cash today in the amount of $240 and places the money in the bank for 9 years. John expects to have extra cash one-year from today in the amount of $590, a

What is the present value of your winnings

You just won the TVM Lottery. You will receive $1 million today plus another 10 annual payments that increase by $600,000 per year. Thus, in one year, you receive $1.6 million

What is his portfolios beta

Troy has a 2-stock portfolio with a total value of $100,000. $37,500 is invested in Stock A with a beta of 0.75 and the remainder is invested in Stock B with a beta of 1.42. W

Reviews

Write a Review

 
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd