Reference no: EM13755574
Morganton Company makes one product and it provided the following information to help prepare the master budget for its first four months of operations:
a. The budgeted selling price per unit is $70. Budgeted unit sales for June, July, August, and September are 8,400, 10,000, 12,000, and 13,000 units, respectively. All sales are on credit.
b. Forty-percent of credit sales are collected in the month of the sale nd 60% in the following month.
c. The ending finished goods inventory equals 20% of the following month's unit sales.
d. The ending raw materials inventory equals 10% of the following month's raw materials cost $2.00 per pound.
e. Thirty-percent of raw materials purchases are paid for in the month of purchse and 70% in the following month.
f. The direct labor wage rate is $15 per hour. Each unit of finished goods requires two direct labor-hours.
g. The variable selling and administrative expense per unit sold is $1.80. The fixed selling and administrative expense per month is $60,000.
1. What is the accounts receivable balance at the end of July?
2. If the cost of raw materials purchases in June is $88,880, what are the estimated cash disbursements for raw materials purchases in July?
3. What is the estimated accounts payable balance at the end of July?
4. What is the estimated raw materials inventory balance at the end of July?
5. What is the total estimated direct labor cost for July assuming the direct labor workforce is adjusted to match the hours required to produce the forecasted number of units produced?
6. If the company always uses an estimated predetermined plantwide overhead rate of $10 per direct labor-hour, what is the estimated unit product cost?
7. What is the estimated finished goods inventory balance at the end of July?
8. What is the estimated cost of goods sold and gross margin for July?
9. What is the estimated total selling and administrative expense for July?
10. What is the estimated net operating income for July?