Reference no: EM13928513
Electronic Commerce and the Social Enterprise
In Part I, you will create an Excel Pivot tables, and in Part II you will and evaluating security measures to protect Internet consumers.
Refer to tutorials at http://www.gcflearnfree.org/excel2013 and watch the videos.
1. Track Change and Comments [Video 24]
2. Finalizing and Protecting Workbooks [Video 25]
3. Conditional Formatting [Video 26]
4. Pivot Tables [Video 27]
5. What-If Analysis [Video 28]
For this assignment, first watch the below videos by clicking the links:
Using PivotTables to answer questions
Suppose we wanted to answer the question: "What is the amount sold by each salesperson?" for the sales data in the example below. Answering this question could be very time-consuming and difficult-each salesperson appears on multiple rows, and we would need to total all of their different orders individually. We could use theSubtotal command to help find the total for each salesperson, but we would still have a lot of data to work with.
Fortunately, a PivotTable can instantly calculate and summarize the data in a way that is both easy to read and manipulate. Perform the following.
1. Use the PivotTable to calculate and summarize the data.
2. Once you have created a PivotTable, change the order amount to currency.
3. What is the amount sold by each salesperson?
4. What is the total amount sold in each month?
5. Take a screenshot or use the Snipping tool to copy the worksheet where the new pivot table and pivot table fields appear to show your work. Paste the screen images into a Word doc.
For Part II, prepare a 1- to 2-page Word document paper addressing the following question.
Research 2-3 security measures that are available to protect customers shopping on the Internet. Define the measure and find the benefits and limitations of each approach.