Reference no: EM13837037
Description: A government organisation has been informed that it needs to increase the diversity of its workforce to reflect the community it serves. Write an essay discussing "The concept of workplace diversity, the role it plays and some of the challenges involved in achieving a more diverse workforce." Your essay should consider the following:
• What is ‘diversity' as it relates to the workplace?
• What contribution does a diverse workforce make to the effectiveness of the workplace?
• What are the different types of diversity programs available to organisations?
• What are the challenges faced when a workplace attempts to diversify its workforce?
• How can a workplace overcome these challenges?
• Why is the information you have found important to know, especially for people who are working in organisations?
The Essay requires:
• A thorough research and treatment of the contemporary literature in the topic area.
• A range of references that should demonstrate breadth and depth of research.
• The incorporation of personal/organisational examples as illustrative evidence.
• An ability to utilise the wider literature in constructing the narrative is displayed throughout.
• A display of critical evaluation and diagnostic skills in the choice of the data included.
• A display of critical evaluation in the choice of the information sources used.
• Appropriate and accurate use of the Harvard Referencing System.
You must use a minimum of 10 references:
• Text books :The prescribed text and at least 2 other text books
• 6 different academic journal articles
• 1 other source of your choice: Blog, newspaper, magazine or other Internet source
• No more than 1 reference may be general Internet based sources.
• Wikipedia is not to be used and does not count as an academic reference.
Feedback: Comments and a mark will be returned to you within two weeks of submission.
Below is the feedback form which will be used to provide you with your grade and summary feedback.