Reference no: EM131251171
Compare your experience with the serviceplacement experience of the student you interviewed. What ways are they similar and different inparticipation on social justice and/or peace? What new insights did you gain from this interviewto understand ways to participate more fully in civic life from comparing the two?
About learning service experience
1.Where is your service learning site?
2.What are your tasks?
3.When do you go?
4.What have you learned since you've been there?
5.How does your service learning site relate to social justice and/or peace?
1. Chicago HOPE for kids
2. Help kids to do their homework, Read for them and play with them.
3. Every Wednesday and Thursday 3:30 to 5:30
4. Learn to be patient,Learn how to get along with different types children. And may be some skills about how to make a conversation with other people.
5. Because the children in there were have different skin color, but they can get along with each other very well. So this may be the peace. And the children are polite and caring. They will say thank you after other people help them, and they are happy to help other people.
1. Erie Neighborhood House
2. Assist with the adult ESL classes, practice reading out loud, pronunciation, conversation, and new definitions
3. I don't have a set schedule yet, but I think I will mainly go on Mondays and Fridays
4. Learn to be patient and be committed to the student you are tutoring. I learned about people's struggles coming to a new country and learning the language. They are so determined to make a better life for themselves and it makes me thankful for all of the opportunities that have been given to me.
5. Erie Neighborhood House relates to social justice because they are helping low-income, primarily Latino families. They have programs other than English as a second language, such as citizenship education, immigrant legal services, community literacy, and workforce development. These programs give people opportunities that they wouldn't have had without Erie House.