Reference no: EM132191704 , Length: 7
Project - Medical Conditions of the Human Body
Directions: Research a disease and respond to the following:
1. Why did you choose this disease to research? If you know someone with this disease/condition, consult him/her for their input.
2. What is the disease? Define it.
3. What are the symptoms of the disease?
4. What are the causes?
5. What is the diagnosis? How was it found?
6. Describe the prognosis and treatments (i.e. drugs, surgery).
7. What body system(s) and organs are affected and specifics on how they affect lifestyle.
8. What is the life expectancy of a person with the disease? Explain.
9. Discuss the latest research that is being conducted concerning the disease.
10. Give your own hypothesis for a cure for the disease.
Guidelines: Length should be between 5 and 7 pages long.
List of Possible Topics: choose any topic below
1. Cancer (select a specific type)
3. Rheumatoid arthritis/osteoarthritis
4. Muscular dystrophy
7. Alzheimer's Disease
8. Multiple Sclerosis
9. Spinal cord injuries
10. Tourette syndrome
11. Parkinson's disease
13. Huntington's disease
15. Sickle Cell disease