Reference no: EM131272976 , Length: word count:1000
Australian education and culture and society is important to consider please make sure you dont write which can be easily recognisable as odd.
Case Study - NINTENDO WII U: LESSONS LEARNED FOR NEW STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS
Please ensure 3-5 scholarly references (not ‘case' references) are cited in-text and in the reference list in support of your application of business models and frameworks.
Case Study Questions and Guidelines (Answer all 6 questions in an essay format for every question - Intro body recommendation use pointers. in the beginning write a short executive summary at the end final conclusion and recomendation )
use references only for recommendation part or for comparison ....
Assignment Nintendo Wii U: Lessons Learned for New Strategic Directions ( IMPORTANT )
1. What are the really key elements for the past success and the challenges the Nintendo is now facing? [Evaluating current strategy/business model]
2. Why were the Wii and the DS unexpectedly so successful amid fierce competition from Sony, PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox? [Applying key concepts such as 'Blue Ocean']
3. Why were the Wii U and the 3DS not able to repeat the success of the Wii and the DS as the company expected? [Identifying key strategic issues & problems]
4. What is Nintendo's core competence? To compete with Sony and Microsoft, should the company focus on software development and give up its traditional focus on hardware? [Undertaking analysis applying concepts such as competitive position, industry, market & leveraging of internal resources & capabilities]
5. Look at Nintendo's medium and long-term strategies announced in the corporate management policy briefing in January 2014. Could Nintendo move along these five development axes with its existing competencies and resources? [Evaluating strategic options-weighing up one against the other]
6. What would you do if you were Nintendo's CEO? [Providing recommendations and justifying in terms of competitive advantage]
Case Study 2 General Guidelines
The student will:
- Apply and demonstrate understanding of relevant business concepts and frameworks in answering the case study questions.
- Identify & evaluate key elements in the current business strategy.
- Identify 1-2 key strategic issues facing the business, with explanation.
- Analyse the industry dynamics in which the selected company is competing.
- Analyse the competition and the selected company's' competitive position going forward.
- Evaluate 1-2 options for addressing the key strategic issues facing the business.
- Justify key recommendations to sustain competitive advantage (with supporting argument and application of theoretical frameworks).
Prior to submission check you have addressed all the assessment marking criteria.
12 point font size; 1.5 spacing, Arial font style.
References according to Harvard Referencing Style . ex - Kramar, R, Bartram, T, De Cieri, H, Noe, RA, Hollenbeck, JR, Gerhart, BA, et al. (eds) 2013, Human resource management in Australia: strategy, people, performance, 5th edn, McGraw-Hill Education, North Ryde.
Number of words: 1,000 words plus References and Appendix.
Use points, use sub headings , use highlights , use table if needed,
Attachment:- case study.pdf