Reference no: EM131379565
Assignment: Discussion-The Implications of Outsourcing and a Global Supply Chain
By outsourcing overseas, a company can reduce costs but must also take certain risks. Global supply chains are exposed to more risk today than ever before.
Use your module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet to research the risks present in developing a global supply chain.
Then, respond to the following:
• Why is it important to consider uncertainty when evaluating supply chain design decisions?
• What are the major sources of uncertainty that can affect global supply chain decisions? Consider the financial, logistic, political, natural, cultural, and technological sources of uncertainty in your response.
• Explain the economic and social costs of deciding to move production overseas.
Post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Review and comment on at least two peers' responses.
Write your initial response in 300-500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
• Read your peers' answers.
• Provide substantive comments by
o contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
o building on the remarks or questions of others; or
o sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
• Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
• Make sure your writing
o is clear, concise, and organized;
o demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
o displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.