Reference no: EM131137480
Review the following cases:
• Case 1- http://www.businesstoday.in/magazine/lbs-case-study/toms-shoes-shoes-for-free-cause-marketing-strategy-case-study/story/219444.html
• Case 2- https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/feb/24/patagonia-ethical-outdoor-clothing-interview
After you have reviewed the cases above, write an essay that addresses the following:
• Define social responsibility.
• What are the similarities and differences between both companies regarding their corporate social responsibility efforts?
• What positive strides are both companies trying to make with their corporate social responsibility efforts?
• Do you feel that the companies are doing enough with their corporate social responsibility efforts?
o If you answer "yes," then what should they continue to do, and why?
o If you answer "no," then what should they do differently, and why?
• Apply the corporate social responsibility concept when you respond.
A minimum of 1 reference should be used to reinforce your thoughts. Be sure to include it both as an in-text citation and on your reference page.
Also, use 12-point font and 1" margins.
Corporate social responsibility - Companies in the news. (2014). Retrieved from the mallenbaker.net Web site:http://www.mallenbaker.net/csr/CSRfiles/nike.html
Holmes, R. (2009, March 2). 'Wal-Mart wants to be more like us.' Retrieved from The Guardian Web site:http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/feb/24/patagonia-ethical-outdoor-clothing-interview