>> Other Subject
Emotional Intelligence (EI) focuses on understanding the emotions and attitudes of others. To manage relationships effectively, we need to not only understand ourselves, but also increase what we know about others. EI emphasizes four key competencies for leadership success:
- Self-awareness-the ability to understand our own emotions and how they impact others
- Social awareness-the ability to understand the emotions of others
- Self-management-the ability to think before acting
- Relationship management-the ability to build rapport with others
Grasping the realities of organizational behavior begins with an understanding of personality and behavioral tendencies. Case Study 1 is designed to address issues pertaining to the emotions, attitudes, and job satisfaction of others. Read the "Trader Joe's" case study on page W-99 in the back of your textbook to examine how emotions, attitudes, and job satisfaction influence decision-making.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Examine the approach Trader Joe's uses to promote a positive work environment for its employees. Determine at least three (3) ways in which Trader Joe's is able to increase job satisfaction and performance.
- Determine how Trader Joe's uses the management process (planning, organizing, leading, and controlling) to develop its employees.
- Suggest two (2) ways that leaders can effectively manage relationships in general by using the four (4) EI competencies.
- Recommend at least three (3) leadership practices that Trader Joe's could implement in order to increase the competitive edge of the organization. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment.