>> Term Paper
Each candidate in this class is to identify a teacher in her/his school who is willing to participate in a supervisory experience. The candidate is to conduct a pre-conference with the teacher. Then an actual classroom observation is to take place. Following that classroom observation, the candidate is to conduct a follow-up conference with the teacher. Following that conference, the candidate is to complete a written evaluation which includes a professional growth plan for the teacher. In addition, the candidate will write a personal reflection of the experience.
- Each candidate will select a colleague within her/his school building that is willing to volunteer to be evaluated.
- The candidate will conduct a pre-conference with the teacher.
- The candidate will observe a formal lesson taught by the teacher according to your district practice.
- The candidate will conduct a follow-up conference with the teacher focusing on the lesson presentation and the effectiveness of the lesson.
- The candidate will submit the details of the pre-conference including the following: list of preconference questions, evidence of documenting teacher responses, appropriate questions as discussed within class, and evidence of what they are looking for in the lesson.
- The candidate will write a formal evaluation of the classroom observation using the format prescribed by the candidate's current district or a format supplied by the instructor. The evaluation will include a professional growth plan for the teacher.
- The candidate will submit the details of the post-conference including notes on the strengths and weaknesses of the lesson taught.
- The candidate will submit the lesson plan and supplementary materials used by the teacher.
- The candidate will write a one page reflection of the experience.
- The candidate will use appropriate conventions of the English language (i.e. correct grammar, spelling, and sentence structure).