>> Other Subject
Assessment - Strategic company report
Purpose of the assessment
Students are required to demonstrate theoretical and practical knowledge of strategic management in an international context.
The group needs to identify a company (Australian Company only) in any industry of your choice and examine the environment they have been operating and their growth strategies
This assignment aims at demonstrating theoretical and practical knowledge towards identifying various strategic adopted by companies in a global environment.
Assignment Structure should be as the following:
Group Assignment: Strategic Company Report and power point presentations
Written report: 2000 words
Power point presentations: 10 minutes, held in weeks 8,9 and 10. (Marks 10)
Power points slides /video links to be submitted on blackboard. Check and confirm the mode with your lecturer.
Student must select a group of 4 to 5 students and communicate the details to the lecturer in class by week 6. Students will be allocated in random groups after this.
The group needs to identify a company (Australian Company only) in any industry of your choice and examine the environment they have been operating and their growth strategies. Following are the industries from where you can choose a company:
• Organic food
Note: Students are not allowed to choose fast food or soft drinks industries for this assignment. Submission: through Assignment submission link on blackboard.
Use the following structure for your assignment:
1. Introduction - Industry and your company
2. The micro and macro-environment in which this company is operating - briefly discuss main factors
3. Company's competitive advantage over its rivals.
4. Is this company following any Generic Strategies of Porters (Cost leadership, Focus or Differentiation)
5. Company's growth strategies like diversification or Integration or if company is using Ansoff matrix to grow in their market.