Significance of time trend and seasonality

Assignment Help Macroeconomics
Reference no: EM1312683

Consider the following model:

This model relates the price of houses to their distance from an incinerator both before and after knowledge the incinerator's construction was known. Y81 is a dummy variable for after the construction project was announced. In order to consider the problem more thoroughly, a more complete model was also estimated:

Additionally, several other configurations were also estimated. The results are shown on the following pages.  Based on this data, answer the following questions (Note: It may be possible to compute needed values from more than one output set. In such cases, choose the one that makes the most sense to you and explain your reason.)

Comment on the significance of time trend and seasonality.

Reference no: EM1312683

Previous Q& A

  Probability concept

What is the probability of finding 1 or more children with chronic bronchitis in a population where the incidence rate of chronic bronchitis is 10% (like the one above?)

  Prediction of unemployment using time trend

Is this a good model for unemployment? What would you add to study the problem more completely? What assumption does this model make regarding unemployment

  The plane resultant velocity

An airplane flies due west at a velocity of 645 kilometres per hour (km/h). The wind blows from the north at a velocity of 125 kilometres per hour (km/h). Find the plane resultant velocity?

  Computation and explain the arbitrage opportunity

Computation and explain the arbitrage opportunity and what would you do as an arbitrager and when would you stop doing it

  Computation of arbitrage profit

Computation of arbitrage profit and what is the arbitrage opportunity and what would you do as an arbitrager and when would you stop doing it

  Finding standard deviation

Find the mean and standard deviation of X, the number of students in class, who will develop influenza.

  Changes in equilibrium price and quantity in various events

An increase in input prices for rice production; and an improvement in rice production technology. Use diagrams to analyze the effects of these changes on equilibrium price and quantity.

  Electric charges in a lcr circuit

Find the differential equation and use the initial conditions to determine the constant of integration.

  Find cranberry corporation''s addition to retained earnings

Evaluate the necessary requirements on the basis - Find Cranberry Corporation's addition to retained earnings with a 10% increase in sales? Assume the dividend payout ratio and profit margin remains fixed.

  Questions on fiscal policy and monetary policy

If the reserve ratio is 15 percent and commercial bankers decide to hold additional excess reserves equal to 5 percent of any newly acquired checkable deposits, then the relevant monetary multiplier for the banking system will be:

Reviews

Write a Review

 

Similar Q& A

  Describing labor and market discrimination

Suppose the ABC Corporation adopts a policy prohibiting its top-level executives, whose compensation packages-Use economic theory to analyze the incentive effects of this prohibition.

  Calculation of optimal price

What price and quantity will the monopolist produce at if marginal cost is a constant$4 ? Compute the dead weight loss from having the monopolist produce, rather than the perfect competitor

  Computing economic cost

What is your economic cost of buying a ticket? What is your economic cost of attending the game (once you already bought the ticket)?

  Determination of shut down point

Provide a report to management of the firm as to whether or not it should continue to operate at a loss?

  Compute the insurance amount against losses

Suppose a risk-averse consumer has an initial wealth of $5,000 and a utility function U(M) √M..  He faces an 80 percent chance of losing $4000, and a 20 percent chance of losing $0.

  Effect of shocks on long run

Suppose that deterioration in the education level of the U.S. population reduces the marginal product of labor.

  Description of sustainability first

Reflecting back on what you learned about sustainable management practices throughout this quarter; determine 5 activities that illustrate sustainable management of resources that you pursue in your everyday life.

  Pricing decisisons are interrelated in oligopoly

Why is it not surprising to find that in an oligopoly which sells a basically undifferentiated product like chicken growth hormone all the firms change prices simultaneously, even if there is no explicit price fixing?

  Evaluation of profitable investment

If you can borrow (and lend) money at an interest rate of 8 percent, will the investment be a profitable undertaking? Is the project profitable at an interest rate of 12 per cent? Provide numerical calculations in support of your answers.

  Behavior of average product and marginal product

Describe the law of diminishing returns. Then discuss why you agree or disagree with following statements.

  Describe the inefficiency and externalities

Efficiency and sustainability are management goals with respect to renewable resources.  As Field explains, biological and economic considerations are typically blended in determining the efficient allocation of these resources.

  National income accounting and canadian economy

In national income accounting identity showing the equality between national saving and investment, what is the representation of private saving and what is the representation of public saving?

Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd