Should he take that opportunity

Assignment Help Business Economics
Reference no: EM131395458

Jay is an economics professor who's planning his future retirement. He knows that he lives for 2 periods and has $150 thousands in disposable income in period 1 and no wage income in period 2. He has quadratic utility U = 200c - 0.5c^2,where c is measured in thousands, and both ρ = r = 0. He is considering an investment opportunity- to purchase 1 thousand junk grade "C" Greece government debt zero-coupon bonds with a face value of $100 for only $50 each. The bonds mature at their face value in period 2. The problem is that there exists a 40% chance that Greece will default at the end of period 1, and thus he will lose his investment.

1. Should he take that opportunity?

2. For a price of $25 thousand dollars, ING offers Jay to insure his investment, which means that if Greece does default, ING will repay him his initial investment, which is $50 thousand. Should he purchase insurance?

Reference no: EM131395458

Monetary economics-differences in money supply growth rates

An economics professor of a monetary economics course assigns the following short-answer assignment: “Differences in nominal interest rates are due to differences in money sup

Using equations involving marginal revenue and marginal cost

Use the total cost (TC) schedule that is presented in the table below to determine the optimal rate of production when the firm can sell all of the output it produces at a pri

Major explosion that destroyed the holding tank and ethanol

On August 15, 2014 Emma signed a contract to purchase 35,000 gallons of ethanol from Korey for resale at her ethanol station. When Emma signed the contract, the ethanol was wa

Calculate the expected value and variance of the payoff

There is a 50 percent chance of making $0, a 40 percent chance of making $100, and a 10 percent chance of losing $100. Calculate the expected value and variance of the payoff.

Calculate the total profit for one birdhouse

Walter builds birdhouses. He spends $5 on the materials for each birdhouse. He can build one in 30 minutes. He is semi-retired but earns $8 per hour at the local hardware stor

Classified as normal goods or services and inferior

Which of the following goods are likely to be classified as normal goods or services? Inferior? Defend your answer. Beans Tuxedos Used cars Used clothing Computers Books revie

Economies did not experience financial crisis

To get a loan from the federal reserve, a bank can: Which of the following economies did not experience a financial crisis in the last twenty years. In 2007-2008, the Fed devi

Governments impose taxes for several reasons

Governments impose taxes for several reasons. The most obvious reason is to raise revenues for the government. If the goal of a government is to raise the maximum revenues, sh

Reviews

Write a Review

 
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd