Reference no: EM131417990
Assignment: Email Using Social Media Scenario:
Your best friend has asked your help in securing a job where you work. You want to help your friend, but you know her social media sites have photos and other material that violate your company's social media policy. You also know that the human resources department of your company always does a thorough search of social media sites of prospective hires. You need to write an email to your friend that explains which content needs to be deleted from her social media accounts and why. You need to discuss how refusal to delete the inappropriate photos and material might impact her ability to get the job. Your memo should clearly and specifically state the relevant rules from your company's social media policy.
Create a one to two paragraph memo in which you:
1. Review your friend's inappropriate social media content here.
2. Review your company's social media policy here.
3. Create a one to two paragraph email.
4. Target the appropriate professional audience.
5. Use appropriate language for professional audience.
6. Use correct email formatting.
7. Follow appropriate netiquette rules for electronic communication.
8. Meet the 250-to-500-word minimum requirement.
9. Use correct sentence mechanics, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style.
Your assignment must follow these APA formatting requirements:
• Be typed, single-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Demonstrate understanding of the basic fundamentals of communication.
• Develop and practice communication skills, including skills in verbal, nonverbal, listening, writing, interpersonal, perception, and critical thinking as appropriate for the audience.
• Relate to the interpersonal and organizational dynamics that affect communication in organizations.
• Analyze and assess effective communication.
• Use correct sentence mechanics, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in communications.
• Write clearly and concisely about communications using proper writing mechanics.