Reference no: EM13710345
A critique or critical analysis is a review or appraisal based on careful analytical evaluation. Writing a critical analysis requires you to explore various types of sources in detail, and to read other related materials so that you can present a fair and reasonable evaluation on the selected theme/scenarios.
In this assignment, you are required to undertake a critical analysis of communication styles, skills and effectiveness after carefully examining selected YouTube videos on speeches/talks by a famous leaders/politicians.
Critical thinking is an important component of being a professional researcher and communicator. It helps you develop a deeper understanding of ideas and theories.
To be a successful professional researcher and communicator you need to able to identify key issues pertaining to any given communication, sort out what is accurate, and what is not, and critically analyse a solid, factual base for addressing these issues in relation to theories and practices of principles of communication.
1. You are required to select one of the famous (current or past) CEOs of Major Companies from the list
- Larry Page (Google)
- David Thodey (Telstra)
- Brian Krzanich (Intel)
- Richard Branson (Virgin)
- Alan Joyce (Qantas)
- Any other CEO that you may select but MUST be approved by your tutor/lecturer. [The speeches/talks MUST be in English]
2. You are then required to search and watch YouTube videos on speeches/talks by the person you have selected andanalyse their communication styles, skills and effectiveness in terms of conveying their messages.
Hint: Look at campaign speeches, inaugural speeches, election debates, and interviews etc. Note that you need to record all the links on the videos that you selected to watch towards completing this task and include in the report.
3. You are then required to carefully note issues on their communication styles, skills and effectiveness and perform critical analysis on each of the cases individually and then, compare and contrast your findings on their communication styles, skills and effectiveness.
4. Finally, you are required to present a written critical analysis of 1000-1500 words in report format.
The critical analysis report should primarily include-
a) A Cover page and a TOC (Table of Contents)
b) An introductory statement, in your own words, that introduces whatyour report is about;
c) Identification of the communication styles, skills and effectiveness for each case;
d) Comparison (and contrast) of the communication styles, skills and effectiveness of the two cases;
e) Conclusion that draws together your critical analysis of the overall investigation.
f) Referencing using APA style.
Your analysis should explore the positives and negatives in each case and reach a balanced view of the strengths and weaknesses of the person you have selected. Support your analysis with theories and conceptsfrom other authenticated sources of information (books, journal articles, other online materials etc.) on communication styles, skills and effectiveness.