>> Management Theories
Analyse and present research information Assessment
Assessment Activity 1 - Case study/ Business Scenario
You will demonstrate how Gather and organise, research and analyse information. It has twelve tasks.
Assessment Activity 2 - report and a presentation
You will be preparing a report and a presentation in this assessment activity.
Assessment Activity one -
Assume you are working as assistant marketing manager for Abacus in a meeting has asked you to undertake a research project about preparation for an advertising campaign for the college. They want you to research about most suitable marketing's strategies for the college. After doing the research you have to prepare a report as well do a presentation in assessment activity two.
Task 1.1 - To prepare the required report, your first step would be to collect and organise information keeping organisational requirements in mind. What information would you collect?
Task 1.2 - Which important legal or organisational requirements, would you keep in mind, while collecting data?
Task 1.3 - What sources could you use to access organisational information to complete your project? Also, make a plan to access those resources. How would you make sure information is accurate and is as accordance with organisational requirements?
Task 1.4 - Which methods would you use to collect the information, while maintaining reliability of information and making efficient use of available organisational resources?
Task 1.5 - While doing research to complete your research project, you need to use online resources as well, published books and other hard copies. Which important points you need to keep in mind, while using different resources?
Task 1.6 - Which technology would you use to access, organise and monitor information, while doing research?
Task 1.7 - Different organisations use different methods to update maintain and store data or information. How would you store and update data at Abacus, while working as assistant marketing manager.
Task 1.8 - What would be your objectives of research, list them. How would you make sure objectives are consistent with organisational strategies, vision, mission and other requirements?
Task 1.9 - One of the most important factors to keep in mind while doing research is to all sources ad research strategies are valid, reliable and make efficient use of resources. How would you ensure that, while doing research?
Task 1.10 - Which important words, phrases and Boolean operators are important to keep in mind, while doing online research? Discuss the importance of using them.
Task 1.11 - How would you analyse the data? Which techniques could you use to test the reliability and validity of data?
Task 1.12 - It is very important to use clear and real assumptions and conclusions and make sure these are consistent with organisational goals and objectives, while analysing data. What points would you keep in mind while doing that?
Assessment Activity Two: Present Information
Now based on what you have done in assessment activity one, prepare a report and a presentation. Make sure your report has following:
- A title page
- Executive summary
- Table of contents
- Introduction of Australis marketing as your chosen business
- Research findings about which marketing strategy will best suit Australis.
- A good conclusion
- Recommendations to the business
Make sure the following points in your report:
1. Use the style guide as asked in portfolio requirements that is organisational style guide, while preparing your report.
2. Make sure your report is clear and is according to the sequences to choose a good marketing strategy.
3. Now draft an email and send that report to your manager (trainer) and other marketing team. Suppose that you have done the presentation about your research project and then you are emailing this. Take a screen short of that email and attach here as an evidence of distribution of your research findings.
4. Collecting feedback from other classmates and your trainer. You could ask for the feedback, while presenting your research project. Feedback could be written or verbal. Write down all the feedback and submit along with this assessment.
After preparing your report, prepare power point slides and present them in class assuming classmates and trainer as marketing team of Australis
The objective of your presentation must be to:
- Communicate with the audience clearly, understandably and creatively
- Present your ideas, findings and recommendations credibly to convince the audience and gain support and agreement
- Satisfactorily answer questions and objections
- Organise material in an effective and logical sequence and format for the presentation
- Develop a range of support materials that can be used to present a variety of ideas and concepts for your presentation
- Adapt to the cultural requirements of the stakeholders as they are from diverse backgrounds with diverse abilities
- Apply techniques to control the flow of information
- Get feedback on your ideas
Conditions of Presentation
You must make this presentation professional, delivering the materials with confidence and being knowledgeable and flexible in responding to queries and feedback (see criteria in the checklist provided in the following page).
All resources must be provided to candidates in order to facilitate in delivering their presentation. This may include:
• Internet • Speakers • White board
• Training Room • Board markers • Printing facilities
• Overhead projector • Computer workstation • Microsoft PowerPoint (2007-2013)
(You only need to provide a USB with the downloaded presentation (in PowerPoint)).
Your presentation must cover all aspects of your topic in summarised form so that you can clearly communicate this material in a maximum time of twenty (10) minutes, including Question/Answer session.
Prepare a visual PowerPoint presentation. Your assessor will be assessing you on your presentation and responses using the checklist given in the following page (refer to the section Assessor Marking and Feedback Form: Presentation Checklist in the next page).
During your presentation, your audience will give you a final feedback from diverse backgrounds with diverse abilities, including your Trainer/Assessor. This will give you a final opportunity to adjust your slides in response to feedback before the final submission. Your Trainer/Assessor will give you the final deadline to make the necessary adjustments and submit the finalised version.
Print and include any documents you use from an external source and reference any other information for your Trainer/Assessor.
Attachment:- Assignment File.rar