Reference no: EM131326141
Term Paper: A Key Concept in Information Systems
Use the Internet to research one (1) concept in information systems that you have studied in this course. You may select a topic of your choice or you may use one (1) of the following:
-Computer literacy and information literacy
-Using information systems and information technologies / management information systems
-Personal, legal, ethical, and organizational issues of information systems
-Protecting information resources
- risks associated with information technologies
- computer and network security
- security threats / measures & enforcement / comprehensive security guidelines
-Mobile and wireless networks / security
-Convergence of voice, video, and data
-New trends: the Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 eras
-e-Commerce / B2B e-Commerce / mobile and voice-based e-Commerce
-Global information systems
-Building successful information systems
-Management support systems
-Intelligent information systems
-Emerging trends, technologies, and applications
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Present an overview of the origin and history of the concept that you have chosen.
2. Describe one (1) current use of the concept that you have chosen. Include at least two (2) examples of such use in individuals, organizations, and / or governments to support your response.
3. Discuss common attitudes toward the concept. Next, discuss your own attitudes toward the concept in question. Justify your response.
4. Explain the fundamental strengths and weaknesses--or the advantages and disadvantages--of the concept that you have chosen. Justify your response.
5. Describe the prevailing view that experts hold about the likely future of the concept in question. Include the views of at least three (3) experts to support your response.
6. Use at least six (6) quality references.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the major components of an information systems infrastructure.
- Identify emerging technologies that enable new forms of communication, collaboration, and partnering.
- Explain how information systems are enabling new forms of commerce between individuals, organizations, and governments.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about management information systems using proper writing mechanics.