>> Database Management System
1. Analyse requirements for the construction of a database system based on an understanding of performance issues.
2. Gather and analyse data for database performance and tuning.
3. Configure and tune a database for optimal performance
Task # 1 Submit a work proposal for this assignment by the end of week 4th i.e. 5th ,
November 2016 (11:55 pm) which must include:
- Understanding of deliverables - a detail description of deliverables
- General overview of proposed plan - initial understanding of solution for the task-2 and task-3.
- Resources identified
The work proposal must be submitted in a word file through the link available in Moodle.
Task # 2 Consider you have joined as a Database Administrator in a software development company. You have been assigned the role of designing a new application to be developed.
a) Discuss at least three design areas you would focus to improve the performance of database.
b) Discuss the goals for tuning the server operating system and at least three areas that are normally tuned.
- The solution must be written in a maximum of 4 pages.
- Solution must be in your own words.
- Relevant examples of your own and necessary SQL commands should be given.
Task # 3 The web link to the following Oracle White Paper is given in the college Moodle web page:
Colgan, M., "Oracle Database In-Memory Option", Oracle Corp., 2014.
Discuss how the Oracle database in-memory option is used to improve the performance of analytic queries.
Note: The solution for the task-3 must be given in your own words with relevant examples not exceeding 2 pages. The given white paper is for your reference only and your answer should not be limited to this paper only. You may refer various other resources and provided references for the same..
Task-2 a) To provide with minimum 3 design areas you would focus to improve the performance of database.This will include the methods and demonstrating the same with help of example.b) To provide with goals for tuning the server operating system and minimum three areas that are normally tuned. We should understand the requirement of performance tuning and where we can implement the same so as to achieve best results.Task-3 To provide with points that state how the Oracle database in-memory option is used to improve the performance of analytic queries ,based on identifying analytic queries .
Preview Container content
After joining as a Database Administrator. One of the my primary responsibilities is to create and manage database user accounts and to grant or revoke access privileges as needed. Users should be able to access or modify only those parts of the database that they need to perform their jobs.
Here are other responsibilities:
• Creating users.
• Assigning the users privileges to connect to the database.
• Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
• Assign privilege to the user to create or modify any table of the database.
• Grant permission Revoke permission to the users.
• Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage.