Provide the journal to record the harvesting of mangos

Assignment Help Accounting Basics
Reference no: EM132667877

Question - Micks Mango Farm Limited

The mangos were picked on May 30th, 2019. The fair value less costs to sell the fruit immediately after picking and packing amounted to $250,000.

On 22nd June 2019, 80% of the mangos are sold for a sales price of $205,000. Picking and packing costs amounted to $8,000. The remaining 20% of the picked fruit are recognized as inventories at the end of the reporting period, this being June 30, 2019.

During the reporting period ending June 30, 2019, employee expenses, fertilizers, lease expenses and other expenses amounted to $11,500.

On July 1, 2018 the mango orchard had a value of $90,000 however at June 30, 2019 the value had increased to $113,000.

1. Provide the journal to record the harvesting of mangos.

2. Provide the journal entries to record the sale of mangos and the adjustment to inventory.

3. Provide the journal to record the change in the biological asset.

Reference no: EM132667877

The complete accounting cycle without a work sheet

The Complete Accounting Cycle Without a Work Sheet: Two Months (second month optional) On May 1, 2011, Conrad Sayer opened Conrad's Repair Service. Prepare journal entries to

Units in ending inventory

Jones Company had 100 units in beginning inventory at a total cost of $10,000.The company purchased 200 units at a total cost of $26,000. At the end of the year, Jones had 8

Ethical issues that managers and financial teams face

At least 2 ethical issues that managers and financial teams face when preparing financial reports.- What regulations should be considered when making a decision about each iss

Compute the cash flow stream needed to reach an accept

Revenue forecasts from product sales are shown in the worksheet. Direct production costs are expected to total 80% of sales, as shown in the worksheet. Compute the cash flow

Why are ethics so important in the field of accounting

Based on what you know about accounting, what role do you see it playing in business operations? How dependent do you think a business is on its accounting department? Expla

Proven ways to increase share value

Describes several ways to increase the value of an organization. Which of these might be applicable to an organization and why? Please provide a reference.

Penalty dispute with the epa

In May of 2009, Raymond Financial Services became involved in a penalty dispute with the EPA. At December 31, 2009, the environmental attorney for Raymond indicated that an

Describe insights gained by performing planning for google

State the company selected for the team assignments. Explains the reason the company was selected. Describe insights gained by performing some planning for this company. THE C

Reviews

Write a Review

 
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd