>> Accounting Basics
1. Each person will write a 3 page paper, single spaced, one inch margins, 12 pt font with double space between paragraphs.
2. You will also be required to include the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement as an attachment to your report (you can cut and paste directly from the 10-K report).
3. APA style is required for citations and a reference list. Use your own words! The reference list is most important!
4. Provide background information on your company (what do they make, where are their headquarters, in what state are they chartered, etc.), as well as a conclusion/summary at the end.
5. Do a trend/horizontal analysis (see Week 3 slides and online reading resources on Analysis of Financial Statements ) and evaluate the results.
6. Compute the company's profitability (using ratios discussed in Week 3 slides and online reading resources on Analysis of Financial Statements) and evaluate the results.