Reference no: EM131260867
Avoiding Workgroup Derailment
Your place of work is exploring a large collaborative project for the first time, although there are some reservations on the part of management for the following reasons: The collective ideas of a workgroup can be an effective approach to tackling a project and at the same time present challenges for the group and its members. There are factors to consider when forming a workgroup such as the experience and skills of the members, the group's individual and collective goals and objectives, and the location of group members, to name a few. For this assignment, you will need to do the following research to produce a report for management that will contribute to the final decision regarding the collaborative project:
- Provide a literature review using the current research on workgroups (2 pages)
- Identify five (5) challenges that derail workgroups and a recommendation to address each challenge (4-6 pages)
- Conclude your paper with a summary that highlights three (3) key points from your research (1 page)
- An abstract and headings are required for the assignment.
- Present research to support your responses with at least five (5) scholarly journal articles published within the last five (5) years.
- Use the third person point of view, and follow APA style guidelines for formatting. The paper should be double-spaced with 1-inch margins on all sides, and in 12 pt. Times New Roman or 10 pt. Arial font.
- Optional -- submit a draft of this assignment to your Research Assignment Draft folder by November 8.
- Submit your final paper to the Assignment folder by November 13.
- The Written Assignment Rubric will be used to evaluate all assignments, and this rubric is located on the Content page in the classroom.
- Late assignments are subject to a penalty. See the section on Assignment Due Dates and Submitting Late Assignments in the Syllabus.
- Your paper must be original to this course. If you have previously completed a similar assignment for another course or you are retaking this course, you cannot resubmit a paper previously submitted.
Please ensure you put your name, the course and section number on the cover page for all assignments.
All papers must be written in APA style (the UMUC standard), are expected to be on time and error free. Be mindful of spelling, grammar, punctuation, source citations, presentation of references, tables, and overall style.