Reference no: EM131391425
THIS NEEDS TO BE A WELL WRITTEN ESSAY, NEED THE GRADE
Purpose: You will learn how to write a persuasive argument regarding an ethical issue.
Outcome Met by Completing This Assignment:
1. identify ethical issues that arise in domestic and global business environments using an understanding of ethical concepts and of legal and business principles
2. develop and evaluate alternatives to, and recommend solutions for, ethical dilemmas, taking into account ethical and legal requirements and the essential mission of the business enterprise
3. effectively communicate to internal and external business stakeholders the complexities of ethical issues, suggesting and analyzing various solutions in order to ensure appropriate business practices and accountability
Step 1: Preparation for Writing the Assignment
Before you begin writing the paper, you will read the following requirements that will help meet the writing and APA requirements. Not reading this information will lead to a lower grade:
Task 1: Read the grading rubric for the assignment. Use the grading rubric while writing the paper to ensure all requirements are met that will lead to the highest possible points.
Task 2: Third person writing is required. Third person means that there are no words such as "I, me, my, we, or us" (first person writing), nor is there use of "you or your" (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person.
Task 3: Contractions are not used in business writing, so you are expected NOT to use contraction in writing this assignment.
Task 4: You are expected to paraphrase and are NOT to use direct quotes. You are expected to paraphrase, which can be learned by reviewing this link: https://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/QPA_paraphrase2.html.
Task 5: You are responsible for APA only for in-text citations and a reference list. However, all source material must be cited and referenced.
Task 6: You are expected to use the facts from the case scenario paired with the weekly courses readings to develop the analysis and support the reasoning. No more than three (3) external resources can be used in completing the assignment. The expectation is that you provide a robust use of the course readings. If any material is used from a source document, it must be cited and referenced. A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. View the sample APA paper under Week 1 content.
Step 2: How to Set Up the Paper
Task 1: Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced, 12-point font. The final product will be between 4-6 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page. You may not exceed six (6) pages so it is important to write clearly and concisely.
Task 2: Use the following format using headings:
• Create a title page with title, your name, the course, the instructor's name and date;
• Ethical Dilemma;
• The Decision;
• Compare and Contrast of Results Using Two Theories;
• Resolution of Dilemma
Step 3: In this assignment, you will write a persuasive essay in response to the quote:
"A multinational corporation has no moral or social responsibility to engage in corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs."
Step 4: Create the introductory paragraph. Within this paragraph, provide a brief overview of the scenario. Then, provide a thesis statement and tell the reader the main topics covered in the paper. The introduction comes at the beginning of the paper and tells a reader the main topics covered in the paper. View this website to learn how to write an introductory paragraph: http://www.writing.ucsb.edu/faculty/donelan/intro.html
Step 5: Learning How to Write a Persuasive Essay
Task 1: Read: Tips on Writing a Persuasive Essay and Writing the Persuasive Essay
Task 2: Read the following tips for writing a persuasive essay:
• Use a pleasant and reasonable tone in your essay. Sarcasm and name-calling weaken an argument. Logic and fairness will help to keep it strong.
• Make your best argument your last argument.
• Select your words carefully, have them evoke an image. Persuasion is about appealing to all the emotions of the reader. The use of adjectives and logic will convey a vivid picture and will make the reader believe you and that you write as an authority on the subject.
• No personal pronouns and no I think, I feel, I believe as these phrases all weaken your perspective because the reader is less likely to think you are writing from fact than fiction.
• No personal experiences unless they are generic meaning everyone has them and can relate to them and they convey a vivid and immediate image.
Step 6: The Persuasive Essay
Task 1: Decide to either support or deny the veracity of the theme statement
Task 2: The argument will include a discussion on a position of either for or against corporate social responsibility
Task 3: Include a discussion about the idea of distributive justice and the current distribution of wealth.
Step 7: Write the summary paragraph
Write the summary paragraph. A summary paragraph restates the main topics of the paper. Make sure to leave a reader with a sense that the paper is complete. The summary paragraph is the last paragraph of a paper and does not need a heading.