Unit VI Paper Outline
The research paper in this course asks you to select a topic or scenario, research it, and report the details. By now, you had the opportunity to review the topics, select one, and briefly reflect on the topic. To stay on track and continue to make progress on the research paper, prepare an outline with major headings or topic sentences. An outline is a great way to provide organization for papers and projects. Your outline should include the following:
- The topic
- One paragraph that describes the importance of the topic
- At least four major headings in outline form.
Must be in APA format. This outline must be used for the next assignment.
Unit VIII Research Paper
Accidents from falling are one of the leading causes of death and injuries in the construction industry. Find and review several articles in professional publications on construction-related fall accidents. Also, find and review several sample fall protection programs for construction companies, as well as visit www.osha.gov for relevant fall protection requirements. Choose at least one accident you would like to research further and construct a paper that includes the following:
- A brief introduction of the problem with fall-related accidents in the construction industry
- A review and analysis of the fall accident chosen for further research
- A detailed discussion on the causative factos associated with the fall accident
- A sample fall protection program developed to suit only the type of work being performed in the accident that is being reviewed. Be specific and include the factors related to the accident. (Do not include portions of a program not directly related to the work in the researched accident.
- A summary of the student's conclusions on fall hazards in the construction industry, and opinions on the necessity for a fall protection plan.